With our ongoing metabolic crisis causing diabetes, obesity, cancer and liver failure (among others) caused by our toxic food supply that’s devoid of animal fats and proteins, the healthcare system doesn’t matter. The solution is simple though: eat real food.
The food industry, as well as the pharmaceutical industry doesn’t want you to eat healthy. They want you to eat as much as possible so they can make more profit on food and medicins.
It makes complete sense why our healthcare system is so fucked up.
Nutrition is the ROOT CAUSE of almost everything.
And doctors only take 1 or 2 classes in nutrition.
Instead they're trained to identify symptoms and write prescriptions to treat them.
It's all backwards.
— Carnivore Aurelius © (@KetoAurelius) July 19, 2019
Unfortunately, most people are ignorant about how bad their diet is in the first place and what they should actually eat in the second.
It’s actually dead simple. You should eat foods that nature intended for you to eat to be healthy and lean. Not the foods that the industry wants you to eat.
If the label says ‘refined’ or ‘processed’, or a product has more than two or three ingredients, you shouldn’t buy it and you shouldn’t eat it. Even if it’s on the safe list or the label says it’s “healthy”, “bio” or “light”. Instead, go for real foods that don’t need a list of ingredients on their label.
Anyone eating healthy doesn't need "recipes". Just eat meat, eggs, fish, veg etc. Minimal complexity and prep time. pic.twitter.com/a9bJgQrztK
— P. D. Mangan 🇺🇸 (@Mangan150) January 30, 2019
The full hierarchy of foods is based on their effects on your physique and health.
I divided it into three categories:
- Diet staples: foods you should base you diet on 🥑
- Okay stuff: foods you can eat in moderation 🥛
- Harmful crap: foods you should avoid 🍞
I’m giving examples on each bullet point. If you want to make a suggestion, please comment on this tweet.
- Unprocessed organ meats: liver, brain, kidney
- Fish: salmon, tuna, oysters, sardines, mackerel, cod, herring
- Vegetables: broccoli, spinach, Brussels sprouts, peas, artichokes, carrots, kale, asparagus, beetroot, unions, celery, pumpkins, tomatoes, garlic, green beans, eggplants, bell peppers, chicories, cauliflowers, courgettes
- Berries: strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, cranberries
- Dairy: kefir, raw yogurts, quark, raw whole milk, cheeses
- Oils: extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, palm oil, avocado oil, ghee, lard, butter
- Unprocessed red meat: steak, ground meat
- Fresh herbs and spices: thyme, parsley, rosemary, coriander, laurel, lavender, dill, basilicum, ginger, pepper, basil, celery,
- Drinks: drinking water, decaff coffee, decaff tea, herbal tea
- Whole fruits: bananas, apples, kiwifruits, pineapples, grapefruits, mangos, lemons, watermelons, oranges, grapes, guavas, papayas, cherries
- Poultry: chicken, turkey
- Traditional whole grains: sourdough bread, ezekiel bread, fermented oatmeal, soaked rice
- Sprouted legumes: chickpeas, lentils, kidney beans, black beans, soybeans, peanuts
- Nuts: almonds, pistachios, walnuts, cashews, pecans, macadamias, brazil nuts, hazelnuts
- Seeds: chia seeds, flaxseeds, hemp seeds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds
- Fermented soy products: nattō, tempeh
- Chocolate: 80+% pure chocolate
- Broth: unprocessed stock, gelatin
- Pure coconut products: coconut butter, coconut milk
- Non-wheat processed whole grains: sorghum, quinoa, millet, oats, buckwheat, corn
- Alcohol-free wine
- Dairy: skimmed milk
- Rice: white rice, brown rice
- Non-wheat flour: almond flour, buckweat flour, sorghum flour
- Chocolate: milk chocolate, white chocolate
- Artificial sweeteners
- Drinks: diet sodas, coffee, tea
- Non-sourdough wheat products: pasta, non-fermented oatmeal, non-traditional prepared bread
- Non-fermented soy products: tofu, soy milk, veggie burgers
- Heat processed vegetable oils: canola oil, sunflower oil, safflower oil, linseed oil, soybean oil, corn oil, cottonseed oil, grapeseed oil, transfat, margarine
- Processed red meats: hot dogs, hams, bacon, sausages, salami
- Fast food: hamburgers, french fries, chicken nuggets, pizza, doner kebab
- Alcohol: beer, wine, liquor
- Tobacco: cigarettes, cigares
- Snacks: candy bars, pastries, potato chips, cakes, pies
- Meal replacement products: meal shakes, protein bars, energy bars
- Drinks: soft drinks, fruit juices
- Condiments: table sugar, salad dressings, mayonnaise, ketchup, teriyaki, barbecue sauce