Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, LinkedIn, Instagram. The amount of social networks seems endless. Very nice, but every single one comes with a bunch of e-mail notifications disturbing your concentration during the day.
Probably you receive notifications from all networks. I’m talking about;
- New followers;
- New messages
- New likes;
- New offers;
- New subscribers;
- New invitations;
- And so on…
For all of those events on all of the networks you get e-mail notifications by default. By all means, they want you to return to their network as many times as possible.
Those notifications are a disturbing your productivity. Think about it. How many time does it take you to quickly read your e-mail? All the alerts make you login on the several networks just to check out what’s happening. And that takes an half hour every time.
That’s why I advice you to turn down all email notifications to keep your inbox clean. In this way you are losing way less time to inferior things. And you can visit the social networks if you have time for it.
Shut them down
Hereby I give you an overview of how to shut down e-mail notifications on the desktop versions of the several networks;
- Desktop: Click on your avatar, go to Settings and E-mail notificiations and uncheck all. But be aware, Twitter is the champion of adding new e-mail notification types so come back from time to time.
- Smartphone: It’s not possible to shut down e-mail notifications on the smartphone for Twitter.
- Desktop: Click on the little arrow on the top right, go to Settings and Notifications. Choose E-mail and shut down all individual notifications.
- Smartphone: Click on the menu item on the bottom right, go to Settings and pick Account Settings. Choose Notifications Settings and E-mail and shut down all individual notifications.
- Desktop: Click on you avatar, than the gear sign and Edit Settings. Go to Notifications and slide the e-mail option to “No”.
- Smartphone: Click on the person icon on the bottom right, than the gear sign on the top right and Edit Settings. Next go to E-mail Notifications and turn off this option by sliding to the left.
- Desktop: Click on the homepage button and than Settings (gear sign). Below Receive Notifications, shut down all of them.
- Smartphone: Click on Settings (gear sign). At Receive Notifications, shut down all of them.
- Desktop: Click on your avatar and choose Manage next to Account & Settings. Than pick Communications and Set frequency of e-mails and set all the options to No Email.
- Smartphone: It’s not possible to shut down e-mail notifications on the smartphone for LinkedIn.
- Desktop: Click on your name. On your profile page choose Edit Profile and after that E-mail Preferences. Check out for all subscriptions.
- Smartphone: It’s not possible to shut down e-mail notifications on the smartphone for Instagram.