On January 1st, I read LifeMathMoney’s year review in which he was talking about writing 50 blogs in one year. This triggered me to start a challenge for 2020, and today I’m completing it.
An overview of all articles and the amount of views can be found in this spreadsheet.
Writing 50 blogs in a year may seem like a huge amount for most of us. But as with any challenge, when you split it up in small parts, it’s easy to fulfill.
50 blogs in 366 days, that’s 7,3 days per article. It takes about 5-10 hours to dive into a topic and write an article. That’s one hour a day on average.
Don't think about making $100,000 a year.
Think about how what steps can you take to make $8500/month.
Don't just set goals.
Deconstruct your goals and chase the next milestone.
— Chronicles of Nate™️ (@ChroniclesNate) December 26, 2020
I use my blog to dive into all kinds of topics on business, life, health and travel I find interesting and want to understand. Writing it down helps me to organise things in my head and understand them myself. This has been my main motivator.
I think two things are absolutely required to be able to complete any challenge; discipline and obsession. I have been working for years on this, and I don’t know many people with more discipline than myself at this point. Of course, personality plays a role here.
I lost about 100 subscribers to my mailing list during this year, but that’s okay. I only want to reach people that are genuinely interested in the topics I write about.
Next year I’m going to slow down a bit, and want to write one article a month. I’m writing all my drafts in public to push myself for publishing it earlier and to be able to add content at any given moment.
Some blogs that will come up next year:
- Digital scarcity 💰 (about Bitcoin)
- Understanding blood work 🩸 (about blood markers)
- A carnivore diet is more vegan than a vegan diet 🌱 (about veganism)
- What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger 💀 (about hormesis)
- The great meat debate 🥩 (about meat)
- The art of happiness 😃 (about stoicism)
- Flexible housing explained 🏠 (about living in Airbnb’s)
- The added edge 💊 (about supplements)
- Prevention is better than treatment 🩹 (about prevention)
- Cut the crap 🛬 (about landing pages)
I wrote about four topics:
The most read articles are*:
- My favorite city 💃🏻 (334 times)
- Silicon Bali 🌴 (324)
- Stagnation equals decline 📚 (315)
- The introvert’s loneliness dilemma 🐺 (306)
- Society’s housing propaganda 🏘 (304)
The least read articles are*:
- The art of doing nothing 🧘🏻♂️ (110 times)
- The lazy conversionalist 🔎 (121)
- You don’t need a website redesign 🎨 (124)
- Reframing spammers 🏞 (129)
- The relativity of valuation 🕰 (133)
My personal favorites are:
- Dopamine and the path of least resistance 💉
- Lies of mainstream nutrition advice 🥩
- Addition by subtraction ✂️
Please let me know which one you liked.
*= might be influenced greatly by publication date.